The Middle of the Mess

Welcome to The Sonder Place!

My name is Michael Wright. I'm 24 years old. I'm the creator of Sonder Creative Solutions, which is the name that holds my graphic design and photography ventures together.  This blog will serve to keep people updated on the story of my life story, and the stories of the people and places I encounter along the way.

I have a wife, Katie, and we are celebrating our year anniversary this weekend! We are currently up in a small town in Wisconsin recovering from a day out on the water, away from the noise, the hustle and bustle of it all. This weekend is right in between one of the craziest years of my life and an incredible journey that's ahead. Before this weekend, I was finishing up a job that I loved in a town that I loved with people that I loved.  I've been the Pastor of Student Ministries at a local church for the past four years. This May, due to difficult circumstances, my time there has drawn to a close. When we get back tomorrow, we will be packing up our lives and heading towards a new job, with new people and a new town.  I'll be preparing to be the Pastor of Youth and Young Adults at a new church in Port Washington, WI!
It's absolutely crazy to me all that is happening in such a short amount of time. This weekend is the pivot point of it all.

 It is an interesting and necessary thing to look back on part of a journey and try to see all that led you to this point in time. We never can really grasp the magnitude of what's happening while we are working our way through the mess, but it's a good practice to take time to pause, and listen, and reflect on where you've been and where you are heading. This has been a good weekend in that regard; being able to look back at where we've been and look ahead to where God is taking us. It's been messy, but there is a lot to learn.

Speaking of mess, this is one thing I can take away from where Katie and I have been so far: We have a God that is always at work in the middle of our mess.
This past year there has been joy, sadness, heartbreak, fear, and doubt. At times there's been complete uncertainty about what the future holds. But God was present. God has continued to guide our steps and prayers as we considered the options for the future. It was hard to feel anything strongly coming out of such a rough season of life, but never once did I feel like God has caused my departure.  I firmly believe that God is a God of love and His desire is to walk with us, not work against us. But things happen! And life can take really terrible turns. In the moments of despair, God was lamenting with us over the loss of what had been. But He was also at work, preparing for us a future that even I can't begin to imagine the potential of what it holds.

The photo above is of a robin that I saw earlier today. Moments later it would take flight into the noonday sun. This is a bit how I feel right now! We are standing on the edge of something unknown, preparing to launch out into the air, ready to take on whatever comes next. I'm not certain of a lot of what's to come, but I am certain that God is already there, ready to walk with us every step of the way.


I hope you'll join me as I continue to write and bring life to the stories that are yet to come.
Until next time


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience, Patience, Patience

On Getting A Cat (aka Little Steps)

The Layer That Matters Most